Do you want to become a better storyteller and build will around your innovation work? Start using video! In CCI’s Catalyst program, we offer tips and tricks for how to take much better video with a smartphone.
WHO SHOULD WATCH THIS WEBINAR?
This 15-minute video is a great primer for people using video to support their design research and share the stories with stakeholders in a compelling way.
9 Key Tips and tricks:
- Hold the phone horizontally, with both hands.
- Place elbows against your body or use a holder and tripod.
- Choose your framing –far, mid, detail.
- Pan slower than you would naturally turn your head.
- Record in a quiet, carpeted area to minimize echo or use a wired lapel microphone.
- Position participants with lighting in front or to the side of them.
- Tap on the screen (square box or circle) to focus the lens + improve the lighting.
- Keep your fingers away…make sure your index finger isn’t over the phone lens, mic or flash.
- Narrate over the experience to provide context.