Qualitative data tells you what people experience and why. For rigorous analysis, organize and review your data as your collect it and look for key topics and patterns.
- Make your qualitative data tangible with sticky notes, pictures, videos, and diagrams.
- Get the data up on the walls – visible and able to be moved around and grouped.
- Review data immediately after gathering and then several times over the next couple of weeks.
- Map your data on top of end user journey maps.
- Create and update a “top ten” list of key issues, topics or stories you recognize in the data.
- Create topic categories to organize evidence from your research.
- Create a narrative for reach category to portray what happens, what works, what doesn’t and directions for ideation.