A persona is a representation of a person, typically based off user research. It characterizes their goals, needs, and interests. It helps you design for people’s real needs.
- Gather information about the people you are designing for. Conduct Show and Tell interviews and draw on
other data sources.
- Develop sticky notes from your research and sort user information into several different draft personas.
- Characterize their demographics, attitudes, motivation, behaviors, key frustrations and needs.
- Capture actual quotes from your research that gives real user voice to the persona.
- If creating a single persona, provide more detail on a single page. If characterizing several different users, lay
out three coluns on a page horizontally.
- Use the personas throughout your project to remind yourself and the team of the needs of your users.