Co-design sessions engage stakeholders and bring more insight to your solution direction. Design these sessions to be engaging and collaborative through a creative approach.
- Target one key creative activity and book-end it with a warm-up discussion and a closing discussion.
- Welcome your guests, chat informally and then start by sharing the framing of your problem. Allow questions and a robust discussion around goals for a solution.
- Then set up the creative activity in which small groups of two or three draw or build their potential solutions.
- The creative activity could be a storyboard, drawing an experience on top of your office floor plan, or acting out how the experience should be with props.
- Have materials, templates and props on hand. Create scenarios in advance so that it is easy for participants to make their ideas tangible in a short amount of time.
- Let people share the story of their creation and why they think it should be that way.
- Discuss the ideas to get a sense for which resonate best or elicit excitment, and then close with a big, “Thank you!”