Virtual Learning Session 3 | June 29, 2022
Navigation: About I Event Speakers I Preparing for the Event I Resources
Participants of the ATSH: Learning Collaborative and Learning Network and invited guests gained knowledge of important and timely topics to enhance MAT care for their patients, such as pain management and sublocade programs. Teams practiced new skillsets for improved MAT care at their clinics, specifically making plans for creating an environment free of stigma and racial bias, developing a compassionate leadership approach to motivate change and hardwire sustainability, and learning strategies for de-escalation.
Our event speakers are below. Read their biographies.
Plenary: Eboni Winford, PHD, MPH, Cherokee Health Systems
Main Session: Cyndee Lake, Blank Page & Elizabeth Morrison, PhD, LCSW, EM Consulting
- Katie Bell, MSN, RN-BC, CARN, PHN, ATSH Coach
- Danny Contreras, SUDCC III-CS, Santa Cruz County HSA
- Ginny Eck, ATSH Coach
- Brian Hurley, MD, ATSH Coach
- Steven Hochman, MD, PhD, JWCH Institute
- Christina Lasich, MD, Mendocino Health Center
- Dominique McDowell, RLPS, SUDCC II, ATSH Coach
PreParing for the Event
To best prepare for Dr. Eboni Winford’s talk “Equity & SUD: Treatment & Health Outcomes”, please review the following articles:
- “Disparities by Sex and Race and Ethnicity in Death Rates Due to Opioid Overdose Among Adults 55 Years or Older, 1999 to 2019”, Mason et al.
- Literature Review: Root Causes of Drug Overdose Inequities, p.19-23 – Excerpt from “Identifying the Root Causes of Drug Overdose Health Inequities and Related Social Determinants of Health: A Literature Review August 2021”, National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO)
- Community-informed Strategies, p.10-18- Excerpt from “The Opioid Crisis and the Black/African American Population: An Urgent Issue”, S. Department of Health and Human Services Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Office of Behavioral Health Equity.
- Unearned Privilege, min 10:20-13:58- Excerpt from “Cultural Humility: Working with Black Patients in Primary Care,” Eboni Winford, PhD, MPH, April 21, 2021
- Recordings, Slides, & Handouts:
Plenary: Equity & SUD: Treatment & Health Outcomes | Eboni Winford
- See Preparing for the Event for resources.
Main Session: Bring Everyone on Board Through Compassionate Leadership | Cyndee Lake
- Handout: Storytelling Toolkit
Main Session: Trauma-Informed De-escalation I Elizabeth Morrison
Managing Chronic Pain I Christina Lasich, Katie Bell, & Brian Hurley
Developing Sublocade Programs I Ginny Eck & Steven Hochman