The California ACEs Learning and Quality Improvement Collaborative (CALQIC) program hosted a virtual content event on Tuesday, November 17, 2020 where participants were able to explore foundational content connected to the TRIADS framework, create opportunities to share successes and challenges among peers, and troubleshoot with the support of the CALQIC coaches and their peers.
Participants learned more about:
- Ways to identify and address vicarious trauma and burnout at the individual, organizational, and structural level in order to increase the likelihood of screening, treating, and healing of ACEs in this unique moment,
- Strategies to mitigate vicarious trauma and burnout and support staff wellbeing from CALQIC peers, and
- How to identify one new area related to supporting staff wellbeing in the context of ACEs screening and response to test out and share back in December.
Participants also had the opportunity to hear from California’s Surgeon General, Dr. Nadine Burke Harris, who shared some remarks about the ACEs Aware initiative and answered a few questions from the cohort.
Who should watch this webinar?
Team members from organizations in the CALQIC initiative.
resource round up:
The following resources were mentioned during the session:
- The Fundamentals of ACEs/SBDOH Screening for DHS Implementation: A Guide for Screening Practices from LA County DHS
- ACEs Provider Training from Northeast Valley Health Corporation
- We Are Resilient: Anticipatory Guidance Cards for Healthcare Providers from Dovetail Learning. To order these cards in a laminated book, contact [email protected]. In the state of California, limited quantities at no charge for Medi-Cal providers.