CALQIC session details:
Tuesday, September 21, 2021 from 11:00am-2:00PM (PsT)
UPDATE as of 8/17: This session was originally scheduled from 10-1pm, but due to unforeseen circumstances, it will now take place from 11-2pm. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
If you register by 5pm on September 10, 2021, you will receive a gift in the mail! Please be sure to complete the information about your shipping address when registering in order to receive the gift.
We are excited to open registration for our final CALQIC session! We previously had an all-day calendar hold with the hopes of hosting this session in-person. Instead, the final CALQIC session will be a 3-hour virtual session taking place on Tuesday, September 21, 2021 from 11am to 2pm.
During this session, we’ll have an opportunity to hear evaluation highlights across the CALQIC cohort, and have time in breakouts for peer sharing around takeaways and what comes next with this work. We’ll also have a facilitated conversation with coaches and representatives from teams to dig into roadblocks and opportunities to spread and sustain ACEs screening. In addition, we will share the revamped TRIADS website and other supportive resources.
Finally, we expect to be joined by California’s Surgeon General Dr. Nadine Burke Harris, who will be sharing some remarks about what’s next in the movement to prevent and address the impact of ACEs and toxic stress.
As many of you know, Dr. Nadine Burke Harris is an award-winning physician, researcher, and advocate dedicated to changing the way our society responds to one of the most serious, expensive, and widespread public health crises of our time: childhood trauma. She was appointed as California’s first-ever Surgeon General by Governor Gavin Newsom in January 2019.
- Showcase and celebrate CALQIC teams’ work over the past 16 months, including hearing cohort-wide evaluation highlights and directly from teams about their top CALQIC takeaways and their vision for ACEs screening and response work moving forward.
- Identify and discuss roadblocks, opportunities, and supportive resources to sustain the implementation and spread of ACEs screening.
- Learn about what’s next in the movement to prevent and address the impact of ACEs and toxic stress.
During this session, all teams will be asked to share about your CALQIC journey with two other teams in breakout rooms. These slides are a template to structure your sharing. Feel free to adapt as you see fit (add additional slides, include extra pictures, use your own organization’s slide template, etc.). Instead of slides, consider making a 2-3 minute video that “shows” what you want to share. We encourage you to be creative—this is your story! Due September 10 to [email protected].
Who should attend this session?
We ask that you have your full CALQIC team attend our last session together. We encourage you to invite others at your organization who can benefit from and learn what your core team and other teams across the state have been working on.
We’d like to extend a special invitation to your leadership sponsor or other leaders at your organization, especially to hear remarks from our Surgeon General. More information on exactly when she will be joining to come!
virtual event reminders:
- This session will start and end promptly on time.
- If possible, connect with a webcam on your computer in a quiet place to ensure the best learning experience and interaction with others. If you are calling in by phone, enter your participant ID (your ID is displayed at the top of your Zoom screen). Do this by pressing #number# on your phone (ex: #24#).
- Re-name yourself: please rename yourself so we know what organization you’re from (ex: Nikki (CCI)). Hover over your name in the participant list and click “Rename”.
- Be prepared to participate and connect! Voice and camera will be activated for all participants. Upon entry, all participants will be on mute. Please unmute yourself if you have a question during the session. We will use the Zoom functions (polls, breakout groups, chatbox, etc.).
- Complete the post-meeting evaluation and provide feedback on what you enjoyed and how we can improve the virtual meetings. Doing virtual sessions like this is still new to us and we are always looking to improve!
- Get help if you need it! If you have any technical questions or experience any difficulty connecting to the Zoom meeting, please reach out to [email protected]