resilient beginnings network year 1 showcase
Thursday, November 4, 2021 from 12:00PM- 3:00PM (PST)
We are excited to bring together the teams in the Resilient Beginnings Network for the Year 1 Showcase Session. During this session, we plan to celebrate your accomplishments and learnings in Year 1, engage your senior leadership sponsor, and have you deliver a storytelling pitch presentation to your identified audience.
The agenda for this session can be found here.
If you register by 5pm on Friday, October 15th, you will receive a gift in the mail! Please be sure to complete the information about your shipping address when registering in order to receive the gift.
We’re excited to announce that we will be joined by Dr. Robert Sege who will speak about Spreading Healthy Outcomes from Positive Experiences (HOPE) into Resilient Beginnings.
Robert Sege, MD, PhD is a pediatrician at the Floating Hospital for Children at Tufts Medical Center and a Professor of Medicine at Tufts University School of Medicine, where he directs the Center for Community-Engaged Medicine. Dr. Sege is nationally known for his research on effective health systems approaches that directly address the social determinants of health. He is a Senior Fellow at the Center for the Study of Social Policy in Washington and serves on the boards of the Massachusetts Children’s Trust and Prevent Child Abuse America. He has served on the American Academy of Pediatrics’ Committee on Child Abuse and Neglect, and on its Committee on Injury, Violence, and Poisoning Prevention. He is a graduate of Yale College, and received his PhD in Biology from MIT and his MD from Harvard Medical School. Bob lives in the Boston area, where he and his wife Karen have raised three young adult children.
Complete your Storytelling Pitch and submit it to the RBN Club by Friday, October 29th.
The objective of the “Storytelling Pitch” is for grantees to share their vision for the work in Year 2, resulting in a specific, actionable request of organizational leaders.
The audience for the “storytelling pitch” at the November 4th session may include 1-3 individuals from your organization, such as a clinical leader, an administrative leader, and/or another key stakeholder for your RBN project.
Who should attend this session?
All RBN program participants are expected to join this call. We also ask for you to invite 2-3 leaders/stakeholders to participate in the Year 1 Showcase. Please send Nikki the names, titles, and email addresses of the leaders/stakeholders you would like to invite to the showcase by Thursday, September 23rd.
virtual event reminders:
- All sessions will start and end promptly on time, with a 10 minute break built-in.
- If possible, connect with a webcam on your computer in a quiet place to ensure the best learning experience and interaction with others. If you are calling in by phone, enter your participant ID (your ID is displayed at the top of your Zoom screen). Do this by pressing #number# on your phone (ex: #24#).
- Re-name yourself: please rename yourself so we know what organization you’re from (ex: Nikki (CCI)). Hover over your name in the participant list and click “Rename”.
- Be prepared to participate and connect! Voice and camera will be activated for all participants. Upon entry, all participants will be on mute. Please unmute yourself if you have a question during the session. We will use the Zoom functions (polls, breakout groups, chatbox, etc.).
- Complete the post-meeting evaluation and provide feedback on what you enjoyed and how we can improve the virtual meetings. Doing virtual sessions like this is still new to us and we are always looking to improve!
- Get help if you need it! If you have any technical questions or experience any difficulty connecting to the Zoom meeting, please reach out to [email protected]