**REGISTER HERE BY FRIDAY, 11/1/19 EOD**
Transportation Site Visit: West County Health Centers
Date: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 at 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Location: Sebastopol, CA
Site Visit Location: Innovation Hub – 652 Petaluma Ave Suite I-2, Sebastopol, CA 95472
Site Visit Highlights:
- Their philosophy and approach to addressing social needs;
- Work on collecting and using social needs data;
- Hitch Health, technology platform that allows patients to access their appointments through a ride-share service; as well as other work to address transportation barriers;
- Efforts in co-designing with patients and health care staff.
West County Health Centers (WCHC), Inc. is a private, non-profit Federally Qualified Health Center that provides quality health services to the whole community, regardless of ability to pay. WCHC offers full scope primary medical, and dental care as well as mental health services. Their HIV/AIDS primary care program is one of the original grantees for Ryan White Title III funds. WCHC highly qualified health care team consists of physicians, mid-level providers (Family Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants), dentists, psychotherapists, and nurses, and are supported by medical and dental assistants, outreach workers, and administrative staff. Many of their staff members are bilingual in several languages, including Spanish and Vietnamese.
WCHC deliver health care to an important cross-section of their community including elementary age children whose parents cannot otherwise afford the medical care needed to keep them healthy and active in schools; those who are not accepted elsewhere due to HIV/AIDS, homelessness, mental illness or addiction; those in the community who lack the financial resources to pay for quality health care, as well as many others. In 2015, WCHC provided over half a million dollars of uncompensated care for low-income and uninsured patients. More than 60% of their patients are living at or below the federal poverty level and an estimated 300 people designated as homeless in their service area.
Travel & Logistics:
- Because the site visit is only a half day, your team can fly in and out of Sonoma County on the same day. You will need to take the 8:50am flight out of LAX that arrives into Santa Rosa at 10:35am and the 6:45pm flight out of Santa Rosa to make this happen. There are limited flight options, so please book your airplane tickets ASAP. Tickets are about $185 round trip right now.
- Given the extra travel needs, CCI will reimburse each team up to $400 for up to 2 people attending the site visits for flights. We will arrange transportation to and from the airport for teams coming in on the morning flight and leaving on the evening flight.
- You are welcomed to fly in the day before, however we won’t be reimbursing for hotels. You can use your program grant funds for hotel costs if you choose to fly in a day earlier.
- CCI will have lunch ready for your team when you arrive to the site visit.
- 12:00 pm – 12:30 pm – Welcome & Introductions During Lunch
12:30 pm – 3:00 pm – Overview of SDOH and Transportation at WCHC
3:00 pm – 4:00 pm – Q&A & Wrap Up
Questions related to the site visit can be emailed to Diana Nguyen.