The Impact of Stigma and Structural Racism on Addiction Treatment
December 13, 2023 | 11:00 – 1:00 PM PT
Learn and share promising approaches to reducing stigma and creating a welcoming clinic culture. See pre-work below to prepare for the session!
By the end of this session, participants will have
- Reflected on structural racism’s ongoing impact on people with substance use disorders.
- Gained strategies for addressing stigma on an individual and institutional level to create humanize their MAT care delivery and clinic culture.
- Exchanged lessons from their equity journey maps with their peers, including pain points and opportunities to reduce stigma in their MAT workflow.
Complete the Equity-Centered Journey Map- Due December 8th. In this pre-work activity, you will map how stigma impacts your MAT care and surface pain points in your care delivery. You will present your journey map to other teams at the December Virtual Learning Session.
Instructions: Download the template from the email “Prework for ATSH Equity Collaborative December Learning Session.”
- Complete the Activities:
- Create a patient persona that represents your population of focus.
- Map the patient journey and the care team journey for your clinic.
- Identify pain points and start identifying change ideas.
Submission: Submit the Equity-Centered Journey Map, Friday, December 8th by EOD, as a PDF attachment to Lydia.
Who Should Attend:
ATSH Equity Collaborative team members are expected to attend. ATSH Learning Network teams are invited to attend.
Questions? Reach out to Lydia Zemmali