In this webinar, presenters provide an overview of value-based payment models implemented by community health centers, including key drivers and lessons learned when implementing these models.
Rob Houston and Greg Howe from Center for Health Care Strategies (CHCS) provide an overview of alternative payment model frameworks and common value-based payment approaches. Dawn Plested from Federally Qualified Health Center Urban Health Network (FUHN) discusses the journey to forming FUHN, the nation’s first FQHC-only Safety Net Medicaid Accountable Care Organization, located in Minnesota. In its five years of operation, Minnesota Department of Health Services’ Integrated Health Partnership Program and the 25 participating ACOs like FUHN have achieved program savings of an estimated $1B in Medicaid Program costs, covered almost half a million Medicaid enrollees, and dramatic reductions in Hospital Service utilization.
By the end of the webinar, you will be able to answer the following questions:
- What is value-based payment (VBP)?
- How can value-based payment help health centers in California?
- What is an example of a shared savings/risk model?
- What are practical next steps you can take to explore VBP Models?
- Create inventory of your health centers’ existing VBP paymnet models
- Learning more about VBP models of interest and how they can be set up
- Speak with MCOs about VBP payment arrangements
- Additional help available from CHCS
- An additional webinar will be held (Fall 2018)
- Coaching help (Fall 2018) – let CCI know if you would like to get coaching from the CHCS team
- CHCS will present during the next in-person meeting in January 2019
- Technical assistance opportunities (Spring 2019)