In this two-day workshop, you will: Enhance learning and inspire change in the groups you lead. You will develop your group facilitation skills and build your confidence. Participants choose to practice a brief 5 minute presentation and receive coaching in small groups.
Upon completing this training you will be able to:
- Use strategies to promote adult learning and enhance health behavior change in your groups.
- Identify characteristics of an effective personal style.
- Apply the Participant Profile and the Content Organizing Tool in planning for presentations.
- Utilize skills to maximize and manage group participation.
- Recognize your strengths and challenges as a group facilitator. Identify strategies for managing challenging group situations.
Who should attend?
This experiential skill building training is for all health care providers and staff who facilitate groups or make presentations. Course meets the qualifications for 13.5 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
Can’t make it? Check out KP Regional Health Education’s online modules.
Available Training Dates:
|September 17 – 18, 2018|
|October 22 – 23, 2018|
Training Hours: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Location: Kaiser Permanente Regional Offices
1950 Franklin Street, Conference Room 2C
Oakland, CA 94612