- Identify a clear problem area as indicated through data, strategic priorities or patient/staff experiences.
- Learn more about the problem, leveraging Catalyst techniques such as interviewing, observing, and conducting surveys with stakeholders. Meet with your quality improvement and data departments to determine what data or reports you need to quantify the extent of the issue.
- Create a first draft of the outcomes and metrics you’re trying to impact. Consult with your operations and finance teams. What strategic objectives would solving this problem support?
- Refine and reframe the problem with new insights.
- Share findings with stakeholders and leadership and agree upon final problem statement.