In this step, you’ll compare the vendors on your shortlist, decide on one to move forward with, and begin the contracting process for the pilot period (not a long-term contract.) We recommend limiting the pilot duration to less than 6 months if possible—remember, the idea is to learn fast!
- Based on scoring of vendors, alignment with vendor team, and long-term feasibility of company, select single vendor for a pilot. Communicate decision to leadership and key stakeholders.
- With your internal team, define non-negotiable contract deal terms. Reach out to CCI for additional insights on reasonable deal terms.
- Define and finalize success metrics for your pilot evaluation. Success metrics and benchmarks will help your team decide whether to scale the product or cease use after the pilot concludes.
- Reach out to vendor to discuss a pilot. If there is mutual interest, work with vendor account manager to structure deal, contract, and pilot terms.
- Inform legal, purchasing, and compliance teams of desire to work with vendor and prepare necessary documents (agreements, consent, etc.)
- Finalize contract or memo of understanding (MOU) with vendor.