- Organize internal pilot team and define roles. Ensure leadership is willing to protect staff time.
- Develop and review pilot metrics with internal team and vendor.
- Set up any reports or systems needed to collect data on pilot effectiveness.
- Plan pilot with vendor, project manage pilot implementation according to contract terms, and conduct necessary staff trainings.
- Monitor the ongoing pilot using reports or systems created. Provide regular feedback to vendor regarding implementation for course correction.
- At the end of the pilot, evaluate the success of the pilot to inform your next steps:
|Result||Suggested Next Step(s)|
|Need more information||Extend pilot and continue data collection.|
|Pilot did not yield expected outcomes.||End pilot and vendor partnership. If considering a second pilot, return to vendor vetting shortlist to consider other partners for second pilot.|
|Pilot met success benchmarks and vendor partnership was positive.||Negotiate new contract and begin planning to scale and spread solution across organization.|
|Pilot met success benchmarks, but vendor partnership could have been better.||Host feedback meeting with partner, or return to vendor vetting shortlist to consider other partners for second pilot.|
- Present results and recommended next steps to leadership.