resilient beginnings network Virtual learning session 4
Thursday, July 15, 2021, 12:00PM- 2:00PM (PST)
Through small and large group discussions, this session will review common power dynamics in patient and family engagement and health care system practices that reinforce these dynamics.
Participants will be introduced to cultural humility as a tool for individuals, groups, and practices to advance approaches to equity. Participants will review strategies to establish equitable partnerships with families. Shared decision-making and governance strategies to distribute leadership and power will be reviewed. As well as, approaches to integrating a trauma- and resilience-informed framework to strengthen these practices.
The agenda can be found here.
Who should attend this session?
All RBN program participants are expected to join this call.
Renée Boynton-Jarrett, MD, ScD
Vital Village Network
Vital Village Network
virtual event reminders:
- All sessions will start and end promptly on time, with a 10 minute break built-in.
- If possible, connect with a webcam on your computer in a quiet place to ensure the best learning experience and interaction with others. If you are calling in by phone, enter your participant ID (your ID is displayed at the top of your Zoom screen). Do this by pressing #number# on your phone (ex: #24#).
- Re-name yourself: please rename yourself so we know what organization you’re from (ex: Nikki (CCI)). Hover over your name in the participant list and click “Rename”.
- Be prepared to participate and connect! Voice and camera will be activated for all participants. Upon entry, all participants will be on mute. Please unmute yourself if you have a question during the session. We will use the Zoom functions (polls, breakout groups, chatbox, etc.).
- Complete the post-meeting evaluation and provide feedback on what you enjoyed and how we can improve the virtual meetings. Doing virtual sessions like this is still new to us and we are always looking to improve!
- Get help if you need it! If you have any technical questions or experience any difficulty connecting to the Zoom meeting, please reach out to [email protected]