Jobs With CCI
At CCI we think bringing together the right mix of people is a big part of any success. We are excited to expand our team and bring new voices and perspectives to our work. Look below for positions we are currently seeking to fill. Find more information about CCI as an employer at the bottom of the page.
The Communications Manager is responsible for implementing CCI’s strategy to effectively communicate the story of CCI and our partner clinics. This includes developing important content and communication materials, managing CCI’s web and social media presence, and helping to grow CCI’s audience and increase engagement with our content so we can spread ideas that tangibly improve health care for our nation’s most vulnerable populations.
This position will work closely with program staff and external writers and designers to produce content. The manager will utilize data and analytics to understand how to better engage and grow our audience to make impact on the populations we serve.
The Communications Manager is a full-time, exempt position based in the Oakland office of CCI. Exempt employees are expected to work the appropriate and necessary time to complete key assignments and related tasks on schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Content Creation – Manages and edits a number of essential communication channels for CCI. This includes CCI’s newsletters, researching and writing spotlights of innovations from the field, and working with CCI staff to write ongoing blog posts and share resources. This position would also work with consultants and designers to create content when necessary.
- Website Management – Manages CCI’s website to ensure information is up to date, adapting and refining content as needed, and ensuring that the site reflects the needs of the programs and CCI’s strategy.
- Content Strategy – Responsible for growing CCI’s audience, increasing engagement with CCI’s content. Manager should have the technical skills in Wordpress and understanding of email marketing automation to implement campaigns to attract new audiences.
- Project Management – Manages communications projects from design to completion, including gathering feedback from program staff and end users to develop effective products. Oversees the management of the day to day activities of the projects. Provides support to projects like partner webinar series and building engaging products on CCI’s website.
- Data Analytics and Social Media – Uses analytics to understand current users of CCI’s content and how to leverage data to grow audience. Develop and deliver social media and blog content in partnership with program staff to effectively engage users.
- Design – Responsible for working with program staff to ensure CCI products are polished and well designed to effectively engage our audience. Manager would help design templates for toolkits and other CCI resources.
- Actively supports colleagues and leadership with priority communications projects and occasional events.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrates a positive, can-do attitude with a passion for making things happen.
- Strong interest and ability to effectively collaborate with staff and partners. Would work closely with staff as a critical member of the CCI team.
- Enjoys interacting with people and communities online with a curiosity and interest to promote CCI’s content to be helpful and supportive to health care leaders in the safety net.
- Willing to experiment with new approaches of engaging end users and leveraging new communications tools to improve the impact of CCI’s content.
- Ability to contribute to discussions of CCI strategy to ensure programmatic strategies are well aligned with our communications approaches.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to and appreciation for diverse viewpoints and different communication styles.
- Ability to remain flexible while dealing with the challenges of a changing health policy and funding environment.
- Strong project management experience managing complex projects.
- Exceptional writing and copyediting skills.
Education and Experience
- Education & Experience – Bachelor’s degree plus 3-5 years experience working in a similar capacity in a professional environment or equivalent.
- Strong skills and comfort in using an array of information management tools including MS Office including Powerpoint, Adobe Illustrator, Salesforce, Wordpress and other content management tools.
- Excellent oral, written and organizational skills.
- Strong interest and comfort with improving design and visual aspects of documents and web products.
Please apply by submitting a resume and cover letter expressing your interest in working to support CCI and why you are qualified for this job. Resume and cover letters should be sent to email@example.com. No phone calls please!
The Center for Care Innovations (CCI) is a non-profit organization that provides creative, high quality, strategic design, implementation and project management for its partners. CCI serves those who are building and strengthening California’s health care safety net.
- We are thought leaders – providing clear, unbiased and reliable research and evaluations on what works and what’s next for our field.
- We are facilitators — hosting a collaborative search for solutions that will improve healthcare delivery and move the safety net from last resort to first choice for the underserved.
- And we are grantmakers - offering critical resources to service providers in the field.
We are a nimble team with an excellent track record of helping connect our partners with ideas, content experts and new resources.
The Tides Center is a nonprofit organization based in San Francisco that works with individuals, groups and funders to implement and accelerate positive social change in the nonprofit sector. As a project of Tides, CCI receives operational capacity, program design and grant-making support as well as opportunities for shared learning and knowledge creation with Tides’ other projects and initiatives.
For more information, please visit www.careinnovations.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions.
Applicants with Disabilities
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application
(These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the job.)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Employee must have the ability to attend meetings, sitting, listening, and computer work up to 8 hours per day.
In addition to regular working relationships within CCI, this position interacts with a number of outside partners, vendors, and others. The quality of the relationships and communications is very important and the overall posture of this position is to be of service. Communications must be timely, courteous, helpful and accurate.
These relationships include, but are not limited to, other Tides members, our philanthropic partners, grantees, consultants, providers of training and technical assistance to both CCI and to grantees, vendors and firms from which we purchase products and services, and other partners