Transforming Clinical Practices
The Practice Transformation Initiative (PTI) will be a multi-stakeholder program that builds capacity within healthcare organization to support practice transformation. The program emphasizes clinician feedback reporting and the use of data for improvement of patient care by practice coaches. PTI aligns feedback and reporting across provider groups and clinicians for a multi-payer set of value-based payment measures to measurably improve care for patients.
PTI has four main goals:
1. Directly engage with at least 4,800 clinicians in data-driven quality improvement, leading to practice transformation.
2. Collect and document successful practices at both the clinician and provider organization level for a wide variety of practice settings.
3. Improve health outcomes for approximately 2 million Medicare and Medicaid patients and an additional 1 million commercial patients.
4. Reduce costs by $232 million across four years.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) designed the Transforming Clinical Practice Initiative (TCPI) to help clinicians achieve large-scale health transformation. The initiative will support more than 140,000 clinician practices over the next four years in sharing, adapting and further developing their comprehensive quality improvement strategies. The Pacific Business Group on Health/California Quality Collaborative’s Practice Transformation Initiative (PTI) was chosen as one of 29 Practice Transformation Networks (PTNs) to provide technical assistance and peer-level support to assist clinicians in delivering care in a patient-centric and efficient manner.
Participation in the PTI model brings several benefits to Provider Organizations, including:
- Accelerating improvement of a set of metrics common across Medicare, commercial and Medi-Cal payers.
- Converting your data into actionable reports for practices • Quarterly benchmarking with other delivery systems.
- Training and support for practice coaches • Practice redesign techniques, improvement skills and practice facilitation.
- Access to experts on practice improvement.
- A peer-to-peer learning network comprised of transformation leaders across the public and private sectors in California.
- Creating a better experience for practices, providers and patients.