CCI is partnering with Kaiser Permanente (KP) in Northern California to support community health organizations in reducing heart attacks and strokes in communities that are at greatest risk. The program is Kaiser Permanente’s award-winning Preventing Heart Attacks and Strokes Everyday (PHASE), an evidence-based approach that first helped KP reduce heart disease morbidity by 60 percent among its members. Today, with financial support and clinical expertise from Kaiser Permanente, PHASE has reached more than 120,000 community clinic and public hospital patients with life-saving care.
CCI’s work in PHASE began in 2015. Because of our 18 year history of working with California’s health care safety net—as well as our ability to successfully bring people and resources together—are able to work with Kaiser Permanente in accelerating innovations for healthy people and healthy communities.
Since 2015 CCI has been bringing its expertise in building vibrant learning communities, leveraging experts, and sparking innovative thinking among the PHASE community in Northern California. Our work on the 2017-2019 PHASE initiative specifically focuses on:
- Helping to design and coordinate technical assistance and support
- Developing and monitoring implementation plans
- Organizing the PHASE learning community meetings
- Managing the methodology of how to make the “PHASE Building Blocks” a reality for participating health organizations by selecting and deploying coaches, curating content from subject matter experts outside of Kaiser Permanente and connecting grantees to available training.
Because of the profound impact on the cost and suffering associated with diabetes and chronic heart disease, we are proud to play important role in helping community health care settings adapt PHASE.
The grantee organizations participating in PHASE are:
- Alameda Health System
- Camarena Health
- Cares Community Health
- Chapa-De Indian Health Program
- Community Health Center Network
- Community Health Partnership
- Community Medical Centers
- Elica Health Centers
- Golden Valley Health Centers
- Livingston Community Health
- Redwood Community Health Coalition
- Sacramento Native American Health Center
- San Francisco Community Clinic Consortium
- San Joaquin General Hospital
- San Mateo Medical Center
- Santa Clara Valley Health and Hospital System
- Valley Health Team
- Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital
Access the PHASE Support website for grantees.
For other resources, click here.